Facial hair growth in women is a very common phenomenon. But excess growth may take you into trouble. Read the article to know about the causes and treatments of facial hair growth.
Women are known for their flawless smooth skin. They are considered to be the most beautiful creation of God. But where the men are considered to be sturdy with facial hair, women are considered to be ugly. Facial hair growth in women is quite common and the hair are usually very thin and minute. However in some women, the facial hair growth is in excess which may destroy their flawless look. This condition of excessive facial hair growth is known as hirsutism. It may be caused due to many reasons which can be treated accordingly.
Causes of Facial Hair Growth in Women
Facial hair growth is noticed in every single women but there are many causes behind it. Following are some of the causes of unwanted facial hair in women.
- Polycystic ovary syndrome (POS) can be a reason behind the facial hair growth. This is caused due to the hormonal imbalance which causes the formation of cyst in the ovary. This may also led to infertility, obesity and improper menstruation cycle.
- Puberty is one of the most common cause for the facial hair growth. At the time of puberty androgen hormone causes the growth of hair in different parts of the body. If the hormone is produced in excess it may lead to excessive facial hair growth.
- Over production of cortisol can cause hormonal imbalance which may in turn lead you to excess facial hair. This disorder is also known as cushing’s syndrome.
- Intake of some medications can also cause hirsutism. Estosterone, cyclosporine, minoxidil, anabolic steroids, glucocorticoids, etc are some of them.
- Cancer or tumor in the ovary can also be a reason behind the excessive hair growth in women.
- Many hereditary factors also affect the growth of facial hair in women.
- There may be people who have excess facial hair growth but do not have any underlying medical cause for it. This condition is known as idiopathic hirsutism.
How to Stop Facial Hair Growth in Women
Women who have the problem of facial hair growth, usually wonder how to remove facial hair? There are few treatments which can be very helpful in getting rid of facial hair growth or hirsutism. Following are some of them.
- Oral medication like flutamide can be very helpful in stopping the growth of facial hair. This medication is available on prescription.
- There are many facial hair removal products for women like creams, lotions and gels available in the market which can slow down the growth rate of the facial hair. These facial hair removal creams are quite effective but should be used only after consulting an expert.
- Electrolysis hair removal is one of the method which is very widely used. In this method the roots of the hair follicles are destroyed, which stops the growth of hair.
- Facial waxing is also an effective way of reducing the facial hair growth. The hair follicles are destroyed during the wax procedure which in turn stops the growth of the hair.
- For the women who do not want to use chemicals on their face can go for herbal treatment. There are few products available in the market which contain few enzymes that can stop the growth of facial hair. These products should be used only after consulting an expert.
- Laser hair removal treatment is nowadays mostly used treatment for the removal of hair. This is done by giving laser rays to the hair which heats up the hair from the roots and stops its growth. This is a pain free treatment but it may have some side effects too.
- One more facial hair removal method can help you to get relief from the increased facial hair growth and i.e. threading or plucking the hair from the face. It’s a painful method and should be performed by a professional. The removal may not be permanent but it can considerably reduce the growth.
The treatments should be done only after consulting an expert. Discuss the side effects and the effectiveness of the treatment you are going to use. Electrolysis and laser treatment should be done under the supervision of a certified professional. I, hope the treatments for facial hair growth given in this article will help you to overcome problem of unwanted facial hair.