Tiredness at the time of pregnancy is a signal from your body that it has started preparing for the new member in the family. In the initial days during pregnancy, the mommy-to-be has to suffer a lot. First trimester is bit difficult for the woman to adjust as nausea and tiredness can keep her exhausted. Apart from this, vomiting, morning sickness, dizziness, indigestion, heartburn, etc. are some of the common first trimester pregnancy symptoms.
- At the initial stage of pregnancy, body secrets a hormone known as progesterone. This hormone is responsible to make the body feel tired and sleepy.
- The body starts producing more blood which leads to overworking heart and other organs.
- Metabolic rate also increases and the body needs more energy to perform other tasks.
- In the later stage of pregnancy, the body adjusts to all the above mentioned conditions and only baby's weight results in tiredness.
- If you have kids then they can also become a reason for your tiredness as you have to look after them too.
Due to the above mentioned reasons, you may feel extremely tired. Despite 8-10 hours of sleep, your body still feels fatigue and has the urge to sleep or rest more. The body is unable to get healthy sleep as women feel like urinating many times, face difficulty in sleeping, indigestion problems, cramps and leg pain specially at night. You need to take rest as much as you can to maintain a health body.
How to Overcome Tiredness
Following are some of the tips on how to deal with tiredness during pregnancy.
- Take proper and plenty of sleep. Relax your body and make use of every single chance to get a quick nap.
- Drink plenty of water to keep yourself hydrated which will also support your body to work smoothly.
- Have a healthy and balanced diet rich in iron, carbohydrates, protein, etc. Green vegetables, fruits and dairy products will benefit you a lot.
- Make your body sweat with gentle exercise like yoga, swimming, etc.
- If you enjoy taking relaxing sessions in spa or salon then go for it. They can act as stress busters.
- Give rest to your body as much as you can. You can also ask your spouse, kids or relatives to help you in your daily chores.
- Make sure you get good ventilation and fresh air. Stay away from pollution and unhealthy atmosphere.
You can avoid excessive tiredness at the time of pregnancy by following the suggestions given in this article. Apart from this, you should strictly follow the instruction given by your doctor. The most important thing which you should keep in mind is to be happy. A happy heart and a peaceful mind can cure everything. So, just concentrate on your health and be happy as you are now taking care of two lives.