Pregnancy is almost always associated with some or the other health problem. Be it morning sickness, constipation, or weight gain, these are probably the many symptoms of pregnancy and thus a part and parcel. It is difficult to really tell whether the problems are associated with the hormonal changes during pregnancy or otherwise, but the bottom line is that appropriate treatment needs to be followed for the safety of the would-be-mother and her baby. Although, not all health problems are a reason to worry about, some unexpected symptoms like vomiting blood is reason enough to get concerned.
Vomiting, scientifically termed as Hyperemesis gravidarum,
is a very common, perhaps, the earliest symptom of being pregnant. It is commonly observed in first pregnancies and latter trimesters, mainly due to the dietetic deficiencies, hormonal changes, and family history. However, many women experience a feeling of throwing up (while they actually do not), precisely because of nausea and morning sickness.
Blood noticed in vomit during pregnancy is mainly associated with the later stage of hyperemesis gravidarum wherein the frequency of vomiting increases to manifold, leading to excessive vomiting. Now let's see the reasons behind such a happening.Dehydration
- The main reason for vomiting blood during pregnancy is dehydration. When the body runs out of all the body fluids, the nauseous feeling generally leads to vomiting of bile pigments and blood.Starvation
- It is very necessary for the mother-to-be to eat at regular intervals and not to starve. In extreme conditions of starvation, you may feel more sick, which will result in vomiting blood.Esophagus
- During pregnancy, you may feel nauseated and may vomit frequently. If the vomiting is quite forceful and for a long time, it can rupture the esophagus (the swallowing tube), which can result in stains of blood while vomiting.Improper Diet
- If you are not able to follow the diet that is advised to you, then the body might reciprocate through blood in vomit after having a meal, or early in the morning.Hypertension
- Vomiting blood can also be a result of pregnancy-induced hypertension. So, it is very necessary for you to take ample rest and stay in a happy environment.
Blood in vomit during pregnancy should not be ignored since it means that the woman is weak, which is absolutely not good for the baby's health. It is also characterized by an unpleasant feeling in your mouth which seems disgusting.⇒
After vomiting, the body becomes deficient in optimum body fluids. A phase such as pregnancy needs a female to be well-hydrated, so as to avoid any of the other pregnancy issues.⇒
In case of severe dehydration, it might require the woman to get admitted as well, wherein she gets all the body fluids and supplements through intravenous saline.⇒
If you are looking for home remedies, then the best option is to have lots and lots of water as well as fruit juices, ginger ale, or electrolyte solutions on a repeated basis.⇒
It's a necessity to follow the regular pregnancy diet, which provides all the essential nutrients and minerals in the right amounts, because this time around, it is the baby as well as the mom-to-be who needs to get the proper nutrition.⇒
Also, what is really a prerequisite is a good well-balanced and healthy diet that provides the appropriate amount of energy.
Steps You Can Follow at Home
Feeling nauseated and throwing up are the common symptoms of pregnancy, but you can avoid them to some extent by taking the following precautions:↬
When you get up in the morning, maybe eat a toast or a biscuit, which will give you some energy and won't make you nauseous.↬
Drink at least 10-12 glasses of water and as much juices as you can all day to avoid dehydration.↬
Eat food in little quantity, but after every two to three hours. Do not eat in large quantities, specially before sleeping.↬
Do not eat any kind of fatty or spicy food. Have simple and less oily food.↬
Try to include ginger in your drinks and food, which always helps in reducing the nauseated feeling.↬
Do yoga, gentle exercises, or go for a walk so as to keep fit and avoid complications.↬
While sleeping, keep your windows open, so that you breathe fresh air all night.↬
And finally, the most important thing is to take rest as much as possible all day so as to avoid any kind of stress.
Instead of taking risks, it's always better to seek the doctor's help when you notice blood in vomit during pregnancy. Make sure you opt for natural remedies since it is not advisable to consume antibiotics during such a phase. Eat healthy and take rest -- that is the best solution to all pregnancy-related issues.Disclaimer: The information provided in this article is solely for educating the reader. It is not intended to be a substitute for the advice of a medical professional.